Hubby and I may not have kids yet, but our reptile children are doing everything they can to prep us. From dealing with bedtime tantrums to persuading picky eaters, these are the parenting tips I’ve learned:
1. Poop happens. And it can be cleaned up.
2. Trust your third eye/intuition. Letting Morgana explore the house has really honed that one.
3. They will test your reflexes better than Mr. Miyagi.
4. Tantrums must be handled with patience, and with respect to the individual.
5. Sometimes snuggles are all they need.
6. Let them feel like a part of your life.
7. Teach them how to help you with chores.
8. Finding nutritious food they like is a struggle. Don’t give up!
9. In order to understand a being who can’t talk, you must become a master of body language.
10. Give them space.
11. However much you insist to the contrary, you will end up talking about them. Regardless of your friends’ interest.
What do YOUR pets (scaley and furry) teach you about parenting? Tell us your parenting tips in the comments—I’d love to hear from you!