- Animal Plastics — Durable PVC enclosures primarily for snakes, but can work for some lizards as well. Offers customization options.
- DIYCages.com — The IKEA of front-opening screen and PVC reptile enclosures. A good deal, as long as you don’t mind putting them together yourself.
- Josh’s Frogs ABG Mix — Substrate mixture developed by the Atlanta Botanical Gardens to help tropical plants thrive. Excellent for use in tropical and semi-tropical terrariums as a bioactive substrate. Detritivore fauna not included.
- Dr. Hemp All-Natural Pet Bedding — Eco-friendly, ultra-absorbent alternative to aspen shavings. Excellent for snakes.
- Honeyville Hulled Millet — Good for uromastyx and bearded dragons.
- Lugarti Natural Reptile Bedding — Impaction-resistant tropical substrate. Excellent for small and/or arboreal tropical species like geckos and ball pythons.
- Cat’s Best Universal — Technically an organic cat litter, this is a wood-based pellet substrate that absorbs odors and urine extremely well. Ideal for snakes with medium to low humidity needs. Read a rave review from Paradise Morphs here. Does not ship to the US.
- Arcadia T8 and T5 fluorescent tubes. Widely considered to be the best on the market. Lasts 6 months.
- Mega-Ray mercury vapor bulbs. More powerful than fluorescent tubes, also provides heat. Lasts 12 months.
- Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 High Output UVB fluorescent tube. Also available in 2.0 and 5.0 strength. Affordable and good quality. Lasts 6 months.
- Solarmeter 6.2. Determines how much UVB your reptile is getting, and exactly when the bulb needs to be replaced. Pricey, but an essential investment.
- SainSonic SS5380 temp gun
- Herpstat Intro & Herpstat1 thermostats
- VE-200 thermostat
- Lutron lamp dimmer. Controls CHE heat output
- Uniheat Shipping Warmers. Excellent emergency heat source
- Solo One-Hand Pressure Sprayer
- MistKing Starter misting system
- Exo Terra Monsoon Solo or Multi misting system
- Pro Mist microfine misting system
- Zilla Terrarium Thermometer-Hygrometer. Reliable, accurate, and reasonably priced.
- Zilla Mounting Spring Clip — Keeps heating lamps in place, even if you have a cat!
- Udderly Smooth moisturizing cream — Great for scaleless reptiles like silkie bearded dragons.
- BAC-D alcohol-free hand sanitizer — A hand sanitizer that actually works on salmonella, and feels great too!
- Lizard Lounger hammock — I have yet to meet a bearded dragon who doesn’t like hammocks, and other lizard species seem to enjoy them, too. I like this particular hammock because of its natural appearance and durability that has lasted years.
- Pampered Beardies — Sarah makes adorable bearded dragon costumes to fund her rescue efforts. Visit her Etsy store for instant delight.
Our Favorite Online Reptile Supply Stores
Bean Farm — Online reptile supply distributor. All of the products they sell are super high quality and reliable.
Bertopia Geckos — My go-to supplier of Pangea, Repashy, and other gecko products. They also breed very high quality crested geckos.
Josh’s Frogs — Excellent online reptile supply shop selling just about everything. From insect feeders to terrariums, they really have it all. Based in the US.
Light Your Reptiles — My go-to store for Arcadia UVB bulbs and fixtures. They also sell Arcadia supplements and ship to the US, so that’s a big deal.
Northampton Reptile Centre — Excellent online store with a wide variety of quality reptile supplies. Based in the UK, not sure if they ship to other countries.
Reptile Basics — Online superstore for reptile supplies (individually and in bulk). Supports USARK by reminding shoppers to round their purchases to the nearest dollar or make a larger donation of their choosing!
Reptile Supply Co. — Wholesale reptile supply distributor selling everything from 2oz condiment cups and silicone-tipped tweezers to…well…everything! Prices are excellent.