This list is for an average-sized adult ball python. Several of these items contain a link to a product that we recommend that you use for your new pet ball python. In other words, we did the shopping for you. 😉
Keep in mind that everything should be purchased and set up BEFORE you get the snake. This will save you a lot of stress, and does your new pet a big favor, too.
Disclaimer: ReptiFiles’ reptile kits contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small portion of the purchases, at no additional cost to you. These proceeds help keep the information on ReptiFiles free. Thank you for your support!
(And don’t worry — we never endorse products that we don’t like.)
- 20 gallon long-style terrarium
- Dim LED or fluorescent lighting (optional)
- Under Tank Heater (x2)
- Large ceramic water bowl
- 2+ hides or caves
- Sphagnum moss
- Temperature gun
- Digital thermometer/hydrometer
- Digital kitchen scale
- Decorations: thick branches, artificial plants, cork logs, rocks, etc.
- Appropriately-sized frozen rats or Reptilinks